Tuesday, September 13, 2016

News about more events! Events surprise page, Autumn Adventure, more.










OUR Warren County Service Unit Meeting is tonight AT 6, at the BG HS Library. I will be taking notes to share and will pick up all the flyers I can. I think I will need to bring LOTS of note-taking paper there.

We also will be learning about our 2016 MagNut sale. I don't know a lot about this yet, but would like to know what magazines are available - - and if they have my favorite chocolate covered nuts again this year.

I went to the MYGS/Activities area today at the GS of Kentuckiana website and saw there are MANY more things posted there. PLUS, they also had a new format there, that includes a real Calendar look option at the top of the Activities page. I remember thinking that this page will be helpful in the future.

They also had the Daisy List featured at the top of the page. I liked that!

BUT: Just now I looked back at the same Events page (logged in on MYGS), and see the older format there (a list of events). The new format just went away for me on my computer. Well, perhaps the new format will roll out soon. I think people will like it when it is OK'd and done. I am excited to see the possible Preview today. Maybe they were trying it out.

So be looking for it soon, I think. I redid the postings telling about the new format on the KYANA and Warren Co. pages just now.
Snap.

Autumn Adventure Weekend at Camp Shantituck - - this event is coming up in 2 weeks. It is Sept. 30 - Oct. 2. It is a weekend event. I am excited because I hope to teach Songs and Games there again. It is always fun for me to do that. I did do that at the Camp Pennyroyal Training Weekend this last weekend. Maori Sticks were the most popular game. I am not sure what the most popular song was. Probably the Maori Sticks song that goes with it.

Another neat thing about Autumn Adventure Weekend is that troops may come to it also. Details are on the signup sheet.

You can pick your classes for the Autumn Adventure Weekend on the MYGS-Events page. I copied the classes so I could think about them and see what I wanted to take. I used the "clipping" function to take pictures of the pages, then put them together on a MS Word page for myself.

Last weekend I was not able to take any classes (at Camp Pennyroyal's Training Weekend), and just came for the day. BUT I got some photos which I hope to post soon.

They had a neat Canoe Training there, plus lots more. I think this event will be really popular next year, once people hear how well it went.

New events I posted at the UNofficial FB pages today are:

The Annual Halloween Bash at Camp Pennyroyal Sat. Oct 15th, and
Framily Camping Skills Day - - also at Camp Pennyroyal - Nov. 5th (This is not for official trainings, it is just for fun and learning).

I also posted the Older Girl program - Butterfly/Pollinator Habitat Service Day, which is Sun. Oct. 9 from 2-5 at Houchens Program Center, and the Junior Animal Habitats Badge Program - also at Houchens on Sat., Oct. 29 from 1-4. These may already be listed at the official GS Calendar too.

Next on the Agenda is looking at the Activities Calendar again tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe it will look different again. :-)

I hope your Troop Year is starting out great.

"Betsyanne"
E. Sheppard

PS I found a neat stand-up mosquito netting I might get. It would make staying in a Platform Tent SO much better for me. I could read in there and not get dive-bombed by insects. It looks fabulous. I keep seeing it on the side of my Facebook page. Somehow, Facebook KNOWS I want this...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message. No ads, please. Thanks!